Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lilac Blossoms

muted lilacsMuted Lilac Blossoms ©2009 Christine Pierce
Nikon D40 with Silver Efex Pro filter
(please click on image to enlarge)

Last week we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary and my dear husband gave me a gorgeous floral bouquet filled with fragrant lilac blossoms and star-gazer lilies.

I was going to paint a picture of the bouquet, but then I got side-tracked taking pictures and experimenting with different Photoshop filters. My favorite filter of-the-moment is the Nik Softwear Silver Efex Pro plug-in. This filter lets you create fun black and white photographs with the push of a button. I am currently using the 15-day free trial, which is a great option to try-before-you-buy.

For comparison, here is the original, unretouched photograph:

lilacsLilac Blossoms, unretouched ©2009 Christine Pierce
Nikon D40
(please click on image to enlarge)

3 comments:

Sydney Harper April 30, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

I've never played around with a lot of the filters. I like the end result with this one.

It also reminded me that I missed my lilac blossoms this year between the rain and other crazy weather.

Christine May 1, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Lovely! I ADORE lilacs, and the color purple- my favorite color. I wish I was good at photography like you! I'd better stick to painting, haha. Wonderful job!

christine May 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

Sydney, playing with filters can become addictive, LOL! Just be sure you allow yourself plenty of time if you start experimenting with them, because time just disappears!

Christine, I've only been taking photos for a very short while and I encourage you to grab a camera and take some pics if you feel so inclined. The magic of digital technology makes this such a wonderful time to be learning photography!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP