Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Passion for Painting Award!


I have been given the Passion for Painting Award by the wonderful artist, Charlene Brown of Weekly Painting Worth 1150 Words. She has lived in exotic places all over the world and her beautiful paintings are like a magic carpet to these delightful venues. I encourage you all to pay a visit to her lovely blog.

The rules of this award are to:

  • List 7 things you love
  • Put a link to the artist who tagged you for this honor
  • Pass the honor on to seven artists you feel should receive the recognition, and let them know they have received this award
Here are 7 things, well, 8, that I love (beyond the obvious of family, friends, art and travel):
  1. the fragrance of orange blossoms, both live and captured in a beautiful perfume;
  2. dogs with expressive faces, the ones that make you smile just to look at them;
  3. sun reflecting off of the Chrysler building silhouetted against a bright blue sky;
  4. the colors fuchsia and coral, preferably together;
  5. hot "drinking chocolate" at Cacao in Portland, the perfect afternoon pick-me-up;
  6. whatever flowers are blooming at the moment, particularly tulips and poppies;
  7. Paris;
  8. the sound of my 98-year old grandmother's crinkly laugh;
And here are seven artists whose work I admire and am always inspired by. Please check out their blogs; you're in for a real treat!

7 comments:

Archie and Melissa April 15, 2009 at 6:44 AM  

hi christine!

congratulations on your award! :)

xoxox
melissa

Jean Levert Hood April 15, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

Congratulations on your award!! It is well deserved, your watercolors are wonderfully loose and free, and take wonderful advantage of the intensity of the medium.

I am so honored that you chose me to pass the award to! Thank you Christine!

I'll add your blog to my blog roll, too!

Unknown April 15, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Congrats young lady! I love your loves. hugs!

christine April 15, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Thank you, all! :)

Jennifer Lawson April 15, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Congratulations, Christine, on your award.

I am quite honored (and very surprised) that you chose me as one of the artists to pass the award to—wow...really? Anyway, thank you so much.

Elizabeth Fraser April 16, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

Way to go, Christine! :-) I so enjoy your fresh artwork! And thanks for sharing the award with me ... I am honored! Smiles & happy painitng! :-) Elizabeth

christine April 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Jennifer, Jean and Elizabeth, it was my pleasure to pass on this award to you!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP