Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pug Sketch (Bamboo Stick & Watercolor Wash)

Purple Pug
(watercolor 5"x7"; bamboo stick and Lexington Gray Noodler's
Bulletproof ink; micon 02 pen; Arches 140# cp)

This little pug is another dog I met at the local dog park a few weeks ago. He looked tough and dear at the same time, ready to take on the world!

I drew him the same way I sketched yesterday's tulips. Here is a picture of my bamboo "pen" and Noodler's ink:

Bamboo Stick and Noodler's Ink

Sometimes it feels good to get back to the basics. And what could be more basic than a stick and some ink?!?

Here is the initial sketch of the pug:

Pug Sketch with bamboo stick and Noodler's Ink

5 comments:

Unknown April 2, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

ooo thank you thank you thank you for posting progressive shots and the bamboo pen. Very cool. I love the names of those inks! They are as creative as some colors of lipsticks.

I see you have a talent for capturing doggy personality. Do you want to try and see how your local shelter would react to a whimsical sketch of one of their pooches?

Archie and Melissa April 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

oh my goodness christine!
he is WONDERFUL!
i love him!

Aveen April 3, 2009 at 1:59 AM  

Lovely little chap and a very nice painting. It's very interesting to see the in progress photos. And your colours are always so wonderful!

christine April 3, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Sheila, I don't think I'm quite ready for prime time, as they say, but I will keep your idea in mind for future paintings. Thank you for asking!

åsa April 4, 2009 at 4:16 AM  

oh i love this painting (and i love pugs)! you have such talent!!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP