Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Granny Painting

Title: Grandma Margaret in Fuchsia Shirt
12x12 inch digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce
(please click on image to enlarge)

When I was visiting my grandmother today, I realized I had not painted her picture in a long time. This digital painting is based on a picture I took with my phone awhile ago.

I can only hope to come close to capturing her sweet nature and terrific good humor in a painting. Did I mention she's 98? To put this in historical perspective, President William H. Taft, the U.S. 27th president, was in office the year she was born.

2 comments:

Jan Elfers June 2, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

Oh, your dear Grandma Margaret. It is so nice to see her sweet face!

christine June 3, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Thank you, Jan! :)

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP