Thursday, June 4, 2009

Which One?

Title: "Major with Bright Color"
5"x5" digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce



Title: "Major with Soft Color"
5"x5" digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce

For Father's Day, I want to give my dad a painting of his dog, Major. I've done two new versions, and I need your help, dear readers, in deciding which version I should give him. I could ask my dad, of course, but I would rather surprise him (and no, he does not read my blog)!

The top painting is more bold and graphic, but loses some of the detail around the forehead and eyes.

The second version is easier to "read," but is somewhat blander.

To make it easier, I've added a poll to my right side-bar. Please feel free to take the poll and/or leave a comment. The poll will be open for 5 days.

Thank you so much!

5 comments:

Philip G Rice June 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

I vote for soft

Anonymous June 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Hi how are you?
I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I hope you will visit my art blog, and become friendly.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Jesse Noe

Kevin June 4, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Like them both very much. If I had to choose it would be the "major with bright color" --- looks younger and more playful.

Lucky dad to get such a wonderful gift.

Aveen June 5, 2009 at 3:02 AM  

I voted for the brighter one. I don't think the loss of detail matters - it's definitely my favourite of the two :)

Lydia Velarde June 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

I gave you the passion for painting award. You can read about it here:
http://artyvelarde.blogspot.com/
Thanks for inspiring me.
Lydia

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP