Monday, June 29, 2009

Purple Orchids

Title: "Purple Orchids"
12"x12" digital painting
© 2009 Christine Pierce

The Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Honolulu has an entire wall covered with live orchids. I have never seen so many beautiful orchids in one place. Here is a picture I took after we enjoyed lunch there recently. The wall is two stories tall (although for some reason this picture remains small when clicked on):

Title: "Wall of Orchids"
Kahala Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Hawaii
© 2009 Christine Pierce

But, lest I think I've seen a majority of orchid varieties at the orchid wall, here's a fun fact from Wikipedia: There are about four times as many orchid species in the world as there are mammal species. That's a lot of orchids!

4 comments:

Unknown June 29, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Wow.... this looks like an original watercolor. You did a beautiful job Christine.

christine June 29, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

Thank you, Sheila! For this painting, I applied my pen and ink/watercolor wash technique via an electronic stylus. I look forward to doing more pieces in this style.

Pat July 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

I stopped by to see whatcha' do'n and I find this beauty. Have a great weekend. You never fail to please.
Pat

christine July 5, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Aw, Pat, thank you :)

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP