Sunday, March 8, 2009

DSFDF Week 25-26 Challenge: Sushi Cake


Sushi Cake (watercolor with a touch of gouache; micron pen; please click on image to enlarge)

This week's Different Strokes for Different Strokes challenge featured a photo of a plate of sushi rolls in soy sauce. My attention went directly to the front sushi roll, which reminded me of a sweet little cake sitting in a puddle of chocolate syrup.

You can visit Karin's blog to see the wonderful array of creative interpretations for this week's challenge.

6 comments:

Unknown March 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

I love your sense of humor.... great job on the challenge

christine March 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Thank you, Sheila. After reading Karin's uplifting pep talk on following our intuition, it was the only thing I could do! :)

Marilyn M. King March 11, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

Christine, This is sooooo you! And "you" are so unique. No one would have ever seen this. I still think you have some Children's books waiting to come out. When I you going to begin your greeting card company! lol

I'd rather eat cake over sushi any day!!!!

christine March 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Marilyn, I really appreciate your kind words. He-he, I'll get right on that Children's book and greeting card line! :)

I agree, cake over sushi hands down ... but that's because I'm a vegetarian and don't eat fish, LOL!

Art By Erika March 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Oh you little rebel you! Very delicious and inviting :) I'd eat it after sushi ;)

r garriott March 16, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Love your simplified, whimisical take on this... paring it down to its design essence. (note to self: learn how to do that!)

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP