Saturday, March 14, 2009

Portuguese Water Dog Sketch


Portuguese Water Dog (pen and wash, sketch book)

I love sketching animals in general, and dogs in particular. I was running low on reference photos, so I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday and took my camera to the local doggy park. There were about 12 dogs scampering about having a wonderful time! The owners could not have been nicer when I explained the purpose of my visit, and I was able to get some great photos.

This Portuguese Water Dog was very sweet. His owner said she chose him because of her son's allergies. Her son has had no allergic reactions to him and they could not be happier with their family pet. And yes, she said, her pet has been getting a LOT more attention ever since the Obamas mentioned the possibility of getting a Portuguese Water Dog for Sasha and Malia.

2 comments:

Unknown March 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

How cute is this! You captured that curly coat perfectly!

christine March 16, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Thanks, Sheila — his coat was very curly, and surprisingly soft!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP