Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pike Place Peppers and Flowers

Hanging Peppers and Purple Statice
(watercolor, micron 02 pen, sketchbook)

While in Seattle last weekend, we went to the world-famous Pike Place Market. It was a riot of colorful fruits, vegetables, and flowers. The shop with the hanging chili peppers was especially vivid:

Hanging Chili Peppers
(please click on photo to enlarge)

There was an endless sea of tulips:

Tulips at Pike Place Market

Even the roofs were blooming with bright yellow daffodils:

Daffodils in full bloom
(please click on photo to enlarge)

I love Seattle in the springtime!

5 comments:

Unknown March 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

OMG I went to Pikes Place years ago and I loved it! Wonderful sketch and painting!

Annie March 26, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

Hello Christine, like you I am a newcomer in the world of art and drawing, painting...
I see here a very nice sketch!
Greetings from Belgium!

Archie and Melissa March 26, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

hi christine!
what a beautiful post! i love your painting and photos!
:) melissa

Charlene Brown March 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

The icon for Making a Mark appeared in my blog list just above your lovely drawing -- a nice pair of pictures! Congratulations on a beautiful sketch of an overwhelming display. You make it look so easy.

christine March 26, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

Sheila, isn't Pike's Place the best?

Annie, thank you for visiting from Belgium! I left a comment on your lovely blog (in English — I couldn't find an online English-Belgian translator)...

Thank you, Melissa and Emmitt!

Charlene, I have that same Making a Mark image on my blogroll today. Those Bauer Brothers were so amazingly talented!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP