Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach Huts and Apricot Sky

Title: Beach Huts and Apricot Sky
46"x32" digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce
(please click on image to enlarge)


This is based on a reference image for the Creative Challenge 14 in the Corel Painter Official Magazine. As soon as I saw the photograph, I knew the painting needed to have an apricot sky!

I created this digital painting in Corel 11 and then used the Poster filter in Photoshop to give it a somewhat edgier look. As with traditional painting, it is always challenging to know when to stop!

3 comments:

Aveen May 20, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

This is lovely, Christine! I downloaded the trial of Painter but haven't tried it out yet - this makes me want to go straight home and give it a go. Is the official magazine good? None of the newsagents nearby sell it so I might have to make a trip to Oxford Street to see if I can pick it up.

christine May 20, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

Hey, A, thank you!

The official magazine is really helpful and I give it "two thumbs up." It is full of easy-to-follow tutorials and technical tips.

BTW, it is published in the UK! So hopefully you should be able to find a copy. They also sell current and recent editions on their website.

I encourage you to start playing with the program. Especially if you don't mind losing all track of time!

Aveen May 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

Hehe, if you'd ever seen me sitting down with Photoshop you'd know I don't mind losing track of time! All the newsagents near us are a bit rubbish but I'll definitely take a trip into town and see if I can't find a copy.

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP