Thursday, May 21, 2009

Warhol Asparagus

Title: Warhol-style Asparagus
22"wx28"h Digital Interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce
(please click on image to enlarge)

I took a picture of our asparagus before dinner last night and used Corel Painter 11 to make this digital painting. It is based on a tutorial found in one of my favorite "how-to" books: Digital Painting Fundamentals with Corel Painter X by Rhoda Grossman.

How much do I like this book? Well, let's just say I took it with me to read while I got a pedicure today. I found it more compelling than People magazine. Need I say more?

5 comments:

Aveen May 21, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Love this - it's really fun! Hubby managed to get me a copy of the magazine today, and I think I'll have to put that book on my Amazon wishlist in time for my birthday next month!

Kevin May 21, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

great work! love the crisp bold colors.

christine May 21, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Thank you, angeltreats and Kevin!

I'm glad you were able to obtain the magazine, angeltreats. I hope you'll be posting your Painter projects on your blog so we can see them!

Aveen May 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Oh I will!

I wondered if you'd seen these - Richard bought me one (vol 2) as well as the magazine and it's full of tutorials and really cool stuff - definitely worth picking up.

http://www.paintermagazine.co.uk/bookazines.php

christine May 22, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

Angeltreats, I also have Volume 2 of that magazine but couldn't get my hands on Volume 1. Thank you so much for the link. I will be ordering it ASAP!

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP