Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yellow Chicken with Blue Eye

Title: Yellow Chicken with Blue Eye
6"x6" digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce

I was busy checking out the plants in a hip, urban boutique/garden store in North Portland, when this busy little chicken came pecking by. I was so surprised! I went inside the store and discovered a crate full of baby chicks peeping away and warming under a light.

The owner explained that he supplies baby egg-laying chicks to dozens and dozens of customers. Apparently urban chicken farming is becoming quite popular in Portland!

Here is another version:

Title: Multi-Colored Chickens
12"x12" digital interpretation
©2009 Christine Pierce

2 comments:

Unknown May 29, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

We love chickens!!!! I love it! I think you need to do more barn yard animals!

christine May 29, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Thank you, Sheila! I would love to paint more barn yard animals, if only I knew where there was a barn! :)

 

  © Blog template adapted from Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP